Stroke doctors in Sun City Center, Florida
When a stroke occurs, it's important to seek immediate medical attention. At South Bay Hospital's stroke center, the doctors and team offer fast, effective stroke care to patients when they need it most, 24/7.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately. For more information on our stroke treatment, call us at (813) 634-0136.
Stroke warning signs
It's important to know the signs and symptoms of stroke and act quickly if they appear. Getting immediate help can minimize the attack and lower the risk of fatality.
Common signs of stroke include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
If you notice one or more of these signs, don't wait. Call 911 immediately to receive emergency care.
Minimize your risk of stroke
Although some risk factors cannot be controlled, there are many ways in which you can lower your risk of stroke, including:
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption.
- If you have hypertension, diabetes or high cholesterol, work with your doctor to manage your condition.
- If you smoke, ask your doctor for resources to help you quit.