At the Center for Joint and Spine Care at South Bay Hospital we help patients who are suffering from joint pain, arthritis, back pain and injury.
Our experienced orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopedic certified nurses (ONC), physical therapists, radiologists and occupational therapists, provide a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to your treatment.
South Bay Hospital has been Certified in Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement by The Joint Commission.
- Joint Replacement Surgery - including Hip Resurfacing and Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Repair of Fractures
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Small Bone and Joint Repairs
- Repairs of Tendons and Nerves
- Repair of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lumbar Fusion
- Cervical Fusion
Our new Center for Joint and Spine offers a relaxed environment, conducive to healing that includes:
- Private and newly remodeled patient rooms
- Flat screen televisions
- Experienced orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons
- Nurses certified in orthopedics (National Association of Orthopedic Nurses)
- Preoperative education classes
New Minimally Invasive Procedure Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
South Bay Hospital now offers a new and proven technique to minimize pain and recovery time for hip replacement surgery. The Anterior Approach Hip Replacement uses a muscle sparing approach that allows the surgeon to replace the hip joint without detaching any muscles or tendons from the bone. Anterior Hip Replacement surgery provides a minimally invasive alternative to traditional hip replacements.
The Anterior Approach Hip Replacement has many benefits over conventional treatment options:
- Less pain: Anterior approach hip replacement allows the surgeon to work between muscles and tissues using smaller incisions, which often causes less pain during recovery.
- Faster recovery/rehabilitation: Often times patients experience faster recovery with anterior hip replacement surgery because the technique used by the surgeons spares tissue from trauma.
- Clinical expertise: We are accredited by the Joint Commission in Hip Replacement Surgery, and recognized by the Joint Commission for four consecutive years at a Top Performer for Surgical Care.
- Shorter hospital stay
- Earlier return to daily activities
- Lower risk of dislocation
To learn more about Anterior Hip Replacement or make an appointment with an expert, please call 1-888-685-1595 today.
Pre-Op Joint Replacement Class
South Bay Hospital is pleased to offer this informative class on a monthly basis. Learn more about your hip or knee replacement procedure and openly discuss pre/post-op concerns with licensed clinicians.