Our Heart and Vascular Center can help you prevent, diagnose and manage your cardiovascular disease.
Our hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, is disease-specific accredited in Congestive Heart Failure and Stroke, achieved a Joint Commission Top Performer in Key Quality Measures for Heart Failure and Heart Attack, is recognized by The Joint Commission as one of 480 Pioneers In Quality™ for 2017 and is recognized by Healthgrades® as a Five Star Recipient For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, and Pacemaker Procedures.
There are some key steps that you can take to prevent heart disease.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco.
- Exercise for 30 minutes on most days of the week. South Bay Hospital offers classes to get you started as part of our H2U program.
- Eat a heart healthy diet. If you would like a free Heart Healthy Cookbook, request one by calling (813) 634-0172.
Diagnosis and Management
We offer the latest technology to diagnose and manage cardiovascular disease including congestive heart failure and other acute and chronic heart conditions through our state of the art Cardiac Cath Lab which offers EKG, Stress Testing, Nuclear Cardiology and more.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Loop Recorders
Invasive Cardiac Services
- Pacemaker insertion
- ICD Insertion
- Peripheral Vascular Diagnostics and Interventions
Non-Invasive Cardiac Services
- Diagnostic Cardiac Cath
- Stress Testing
- Transesophageal Echo
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Tilt Table Testing
Cardiac Cath Lab
Our state of the art Cardiac Cath Lab assists physicians in diagnosing heart conditions.
Cath lab features:
- State of the art equipment for diagnosis of heart conditions.
- Diagnostic and interventional treatments including coronary angiography, peripheral angiography and carotid stenting.
- Located next to ED to allow for speed and efficiency of caring for patients with emergent issues.