Our Heart and Vascular Center can help you prevent, diagnose and manage your cardiovascular disease.
Our hospital is a Certified Chest Pain Center, Accredited in Heart Failure, Accredited Echocardiography Laboratory, and a Joint Commission Top Performer in Key Quality Measures for Heart Failure and Heart Attack.
There are some key steps that you can take to prevent heart disease.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco.
- Exercise for 30 minutes on most days of the week. South Bay Hospital offers classes to get you started as part of our H2U program.
- Eat a heart healthy diet. If you would like a free Heart Healthy Cookbook, request one by calling (813) 634-0172.
Diagnosis and Management
We offer the latest technology to diagnose and manage cardiovascular disease including a state of the art Cardiac Cath Lab, EKG, Stress Testing, Nuclear Cardiology and more.
Invasive Cardiac Services
- Pacemaker insertion
- ICD Insertion
- Peripheral Vascular
Non-Invasive Cardiac Services
- Diagnostic Cardiac Cath
- Stress Testing
- Transesophageal Echo
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Tilt Table Testing
Cardiac Cath Lab
Our state of the art Cardiac Cath Lab assists physicians in diagnosing heart conditions.
Cath lab features:
- State of the art equipment for diagnosis of heart conditions.
- Diagnostic and interventional treatments including coronary angiography, peripheral angiography and carotid stenting.
- Located next to ED to allow for speed and efficiency of caring for patients with emergent issues.
This outpatient exercise program is intended for those with a history of angina or who are recovering from cardiac bypass surgery, heart attack, or stent placement.
Considered the maintenance phase of cardiac rehab, our Phase 3 program will help you create new healthy lifestyle habits while reducing the risk of recurring heart conditions. An Exercise Physiologist will provide you with an individualized exercise program with ongoing instruction on smoking cessation, weight control, and stress management.
Throughout the program, you will have access to treadmills, seated steppers, stationary bikes, an arm ergometer, wall pulleys, and arm and leg weights.