Learning about your disease or recent surgery is an important part of managing your healthcare. South Bay Hospital has several resources to help you learn about your condition.
Heart Failure is caused when the heart is not able to pump enough blood and oxygen to support other organs.
Symptoms of Heart Failure include:
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent dry hacking cough
- Swollen feet, legs and ankles
- Abdominal problems
A stroke occurs when blood flow to the brain is restricted by a blocked artery or a ruptured artery in the brain.
Symptoms of Stroke include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg especially on one side of the body
- Sudden trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness or loss of balance
- Sudden severe headache