Learning about your disease or recent surgery is an important part of managing your healthcare. South Bay Hospital has several resources to help you learn about your condition.
Heart Failure is caused when the heart is not able to pump enough blood and oxygen to support other organs.
Symptoms of Heart Failure include:
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent dry hacking cough
- Swollen feet, legs and ankles
- Abdominal problems
Learn More about Heart Failure
A stroke occurs when blood flow to the brain is restricted by a blocked artery or a ruptured artery in the brain.
Symptoms of Stroke include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg especially on one side of the body
- Sudden trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness or loss of balance
- Sudden severe headache
Learn More about Stroke
Orthopedic and Spine Surgery
Preparing for your upcoming surgery can help to reduce any anxious feelings about surgery, make your hospital stay more pleasant, and help speed up your recovery.
The information provided will give you a general idea of what to expect before, during, and after your surgery. Because every patient is unique, it is important to discuss your expectations and specific questions with your surgeon.