South Bay Hospital Standards of Behavior are a part of our culture. We use the acronym “CARE” to signify our core values that are key to better experience for our patients, visitors, and employees.
Please read and then select one of the choices below:
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Standards of Behavior, and I agree to comply with and practice these standards.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Standards of Behavior; however, I feel I cannot comply with each expectation and choose not to apply for a position at this time.
Greet and respond to everyone enthusiastically
- Use AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain, and Thank) as a framework to communicate with patients and their families.
- Keep patients informed regarding their plan of care including timeframes and changes.
- Use key words at key times to connect, interact, and respond to patient needs.
- Listen to people in ways that show I care by using appropriate eye contact and body language.
- Always look for ways to communicate constructively.
- Seek interpreter services when appropriate or desired.
- Explain things clearly, using appropriate tone levels and refraining from use of acronyms and/or jargon.
- Utilize white boards to enhance patient and family communication.
Put the needs of others first
- Be polite, compassionate, confident, enthusiastic, courteous, and respectful.
- Make a conscious decision to have a positive attitude every day.
- Say “Yes” first.
- Respond to your needs and give you my full attention.
- View everyone I come in contact with as my customer.
- Hold myself and staff accountable for providing superior, professional, and reliable services in a consistent manner.
- Make a caring connection with my patients by sitting, touching and talking.
- Support a culture of solutions.
Take pride in our workplace
- Smile and make eye contact with everyone I come in contact with.
- Escort all guests to their requested destinations.
- Respect the individuality, privacy and dignity of patients, visitors, and colleagues.
- Keep all interactions positive.
- Treat others as I want to be treated and be mindful of the cultural diversity within our populations.
- Follow the “no passing zone” and always respond to call lights.
- Be considerate of our patients and maintain a quiet work area.
Commit to helping ourselves and others grow
- Take personal responsibility to timely complete all mandatory training and maintain required credentials/licenses.
- Respond to questions posed by patients, students, and staff to facilitate learning.
- Take pride in my workplace and keep my area clean, clutter free, and utilize standard infection control precautions.
- Act in support of patient and customer safety and return equipment to their appropriate places.
- Be receptive to constructive feedback and work collaboratively with others.
- Participate in education and development opportunities that enhance my knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Anticipate, identify and respond to pain promptly, effectively, and in a caring manner.
Note: The Human Resources department does not review applications. All applications are subject to a pre-screening process and one of our recruiters will contact you for an interview if your application goes under consideration.