As part of HCA Healthcare, HCA West Florida is an industry leader in clinical excellence and innovative. To produce exceptional patient outcomes, we rely on a powerful combination of skilled physicians, state-of-the-art equipment, highly trained nurses and clinical support.
Among Our Achievements in 2017:
- 100% of our hospital Quality Leaders are certified, demonstrating their expertise in leading performance improvement.
- 100% of our hospitals have Chief Medical Officers who work with physicians to improve patient outcomes.
- 100% of our hospitals are designated Stroke Centers and 14 also offer Tele-neurology, allowing our ER physicians to instantly consult with a stroke Neurologist, to ensure the timely use of clot-busting drugs when appropriate.
- Our rigid focus on Sepsis has resulted in 936 Additional Lives Saved since 2012. Additionally, most of our hospitals have earned Joint Commission Sepsis Certification.
- With the adoption of best practices in blood management, we reduced 3200 units of blood transfused in 2017.
- Expeditious surgery through the Geriatric Fracture Initiative is reducing complications, decreasing long-term mortality and shortening hospital stays in this vulnerable population.
- Tele-neurology is providing our ER physicians with instant consults for Stroke Patients allowing for the immediate use of clot-busting drugs when appropriate to reverse the effects of strokes.
- We are expanding telemedicine in the ER with Tele-psychiatry to ensure patents receive needed behavioral health assessments.
- Our Antibiotic Stewardship program is stopping the overuse of antibiotics by getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time.
Some examples of how HCA has been recognized and improved clinical approaches across the healthcare industry include:
- Recognized by National Patient Safety Foundation and Institute for Safe Medication Practices for making sure that patients receive the safest possible care.
- Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere for nine consecutive years.
- Our commitment to culturally competent care has earned us an International Innovation in Diversity Award from the Diversity Journal.
- First national health system to mandate flu vaccination as part of its flu safety program earning recognition from the National Patient Safety Foundation.
- March of Dimes collaboration to prevent early elective deliveries (39 weeks) resulted in a new national standard for all hospitals
- MRSA Reduction Efforts - new standard preventing life threatening infections was developed through this groundbreaking study.
- HCA’s Sarah Cannon Research Institute is clinical trial leader in more than 80% of approved cancer therapies, offering more than 500 clinical trials each year.
- Stop SSI - protocols used in this study reduced complex surgical site infections by 42 percent.
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: www.floridahealthfinder.gov