While we have made very significant investments in and progress toward reducing errors in hospital care, patient safety continues to be a major focus for the hospitals of HCA West Florida.
In addition to our existing initiatives, efforts are now underway in:
- preventing hospital associated infections
- preventing blood clots in patient’s legs (a serious complication after surgery)
- enhancing timeliness in emergency care
- assuring competence through training programs for staff and credentialing processes for physicians
It is our hope that our proactive efforts will improve the standard of care in the communities we serve and raise the bar on patient safety for the nation. View the Patient Safety Goals of our hospitals.
- Clean Hands Campaign
- MRSA ABC’s Campaign
- eMAR & Bar Coding
- Patients First: Our Continued Commitment
- Quality Initiatives
Patient Safety Resources:
- Patient Safety Video
- Personal Medication Record (PDF - 46 KB)
- Get Involved with Your Health Care
- The Joint Commission’s “Speak Up” Program
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration introduced this website to help the public make well informed health care decisions. With accurate and trusted health care information and tools to compare health care providers and facilities, consumers can make informed choices.